Tips to Help You Save Money
2. Use direct deposit for your paycheck or federal benefits, such as Social Security.
3. Control use of credit cards.
4. Do not go shopping just for fun.
5. Keep your written savings goals with you as a reminder.
6. Buy only what you need – do not buy things just because they are on sale.
7. Use coupons to save money.
8. Use a grocery-shopping list to prevent impulse buying.
9. Take your lunch to work instead of eating out.
10. Shop around to get the best deal on big-ticket items like cars and appliances.
11. Pay your bills on time to avoid late fees, extra finance charges, utilities being
turned off, eviction, repossessions, and the costs of a bad credit rating.